On 6/14/2011 5:47 PM Bill Davidsen submitted the following:
W3BNR wrote:
On 6/14/2011 10:31 AM Bill Davidsen submitted the following:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
I grabbed SM for a new machine (from the daily directory) and it calls
itself 2.4a (I can look up the version if it matters). What is that, and
when will whatever makes it so FAST get to production versions?

Sorry, I found a reply in my mailbox after I posted this. Ignore.

I can't ignore the question now that I've read it. So what is the answer?

2.1 is current
2.2 is beta
2.3 is alpha
2.4 is bleeding edge daily

Until something breaks in the 2.4a I'm neither giving it up nor updating it. I
think everything works (more testing on forms and Lightning in progress) but
there are extensions and add-ons which undoubtedly won't work if I ever try
them, Until I need them, so what?

There's your answer, I don't use this for business correspondence, but for daily
use it's a joy. Fast to the point that I thought the reload button didn't work
until I watched the packets on the network.

Thanks, Bill. I just came up to 2.1 this week. Previously I just stayed one above the latest releast, ie 2.0.xxpre where xx was one higher than the official release, so I was used to just a one number difference between released versions and nightlies. So far I'm happy with 2.1.

--
Ed
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zhwu/