Jens Hatlak wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
I tried QuoteCollase several Times, and iI always ended up with a wide
bar at the bottom where the status bar would be be bout 2" long and
width of the screen. After removing it I would have to remove chrome
file (which I have forgotten which file with SM off and the restart.

I'm using QuoteCollapse 0.8 without much of a problem (needs
compatibility checks deactivated at least for SM 2.1, though). The issue
you describe (broken MailNews status bar) sounds similar to what I found
with Mailbox Alert, though. I've contacted the author; let's see where
that leads.

I'll probably get my post taken down for this, but wouldn't it be easier to provide a compatibility check disable in about:config that actually WORKS instead of having some of us creating hacked xpi files and others staying with old versions because they can't or won't?

When the SM version is > than the specified max in the install.rtf wouldn't it be nice to have a pop-up asking something like
  Your version of Seamonkey is newer than the add-on is know to support
    try install anyway? [TRY]  [CANCEL]

Just my ten cents worth...

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have