On 06/20/11 10:14 am, Jens Hatlak wrote:

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/2.1/AddonCompat>

Its purpose is to:
* tell the average user which add-ons are compatible and where to get
them from if they cannot find them on AMO
* tell experienced users which add-ons actually work despite claiming
compatibility
* tell contributors what the state of specific add-ons is so that they
can better coordinate their efforts (contact the author, provide
modified version etc.)

Fair enough; I guess that leaves me only wondering why there is a need for the AMO section, unless it is just a place to see that something hasn't been forgotten from the list.