Jens Hatlak wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
As I understand what Justin Wood (Callek) wrote, it is that the
distributed SM 2.2 will have _all_ the extensions included and, the
installer will install them automatically. That means that, a
non-expert/casual SM user who goes to the SM site, or is notified
about the update, and downloads the update with the included
installer will automatically install all the extensions.

Correct.

Being a non-expert (which I will guess doesn't apply to you :) ) this
user will not know which/what are the extensions, nor be familiar
with the Add-ons Manager.

You may be right with respect to the extensions that will suddenly be
installed for some users.

I certainly hope however that people know by now what the Add-ons
Manager is and what you can do with it, given that it has been an
integral part of the suite since version 2.0.

(All these technical features of SM, are not exactly well
documented.) This is the reason that I made my comment.

Valid point.

SM needs a full fledged manual.

<sarcasm>O'Really?</sarcasm>

Well O'Really doesn't have a current book about Firefox/Thunderbird,
though I seem to remember that they did have one about Netscape around
Netscape v3 or v4. They also have a book about the VI family of editors:
VI, VIM, NVI, ELVIS which concentrates on VIM. But their latest edition
of that is about VIM V6 whereas the current verison of VIM is 7.3 and
that has been out for about one year, and the VIM versions, releases, don't come out that often.
So what could one expect for SM (&/| Foxfire/Thunderbird), especially
since these are switching frequent upgrades.
Perhaps the SM community should consider switching to a loose leaf,
page updateable, manual, sort of like the old fashioned SRL publications
from IBM.
Personally, I am not a FAQ fan.

We all know that, and while the in-app Help is far less complete than we
wished, I'm personally trying to somewhat remedy the situation by
providing prompt updates to the Known Issues (and Release Notes in
general) as well as initially starting and (still) maintaining the 2.1
FAQ page.

Greetings,

Jens

--