I have enabled the main password, and now, whenever I open the browser, it asks me the main password immediately.

This happens not only when I open the mail and browser all together (where there are some saved passwords), but also if I only open a blank page in the browser (which doesn't really need the password; in fact, if I click "cancel", the browser opens normally). I find that pretty annoying; is there a way to disable that behaviour, and only prompt for the password when first needed (BTW, I have set the password duration to 5 minutes)?
I'm using SM 2.2b
TIA
--
Francesco