Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:
Ok, stupid question du jour: why doesn't the
SeaMonkey 2.1 installer have "a valid digital signature"?

Sadly we do not yet possess the ability to digitally sign our installer. It
needs a
few things to accomplish.

1) a machine much more secure than our current machines, and dedicated to just
signing.
2) a digital certificate to use for signing, from a valid certificate authority.

We have neither of those at this time, we do hope to be in a position to get
those.
But until then all our release builds are unsigned.

Sounds like a finance problem, so what is your business model?