MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 04/07/2011 14:57, cmcadams told the world:
As referenced on slashdot:

http://andreasgal.github.com/pdf.js/multi_page_viewer.html#1

Article here:

http://blog.mozilla.com/cjones/2011/07/03/pdf-js-first-milestone/

It sort-of works on SM 2.1. Not perfect, but still remarkable.

Very, very impressive work. Very cool.

From the notes, it appears that there are big problems to make it work
on non-Gecko browsers (and even older Geckos). And even when it works,
it's kinda sensitive to the precise version of Gecko and the OS it's
running on. So for the time being it's not that useful for website
designers.

But... it could be an interesting option for Gecko-based browser users.
Perhaps as an extension? Instead of using Adobe Reader, or Foxit, or PDF
X-Viewer or whatever, which all rely on the plugin interface, this could
use the extension API, which I understand (I'm not much of a programmer)
offers more features. At least, it seems to open a PDF inside the
browser faster than Adobe, which is not bad.

Once they add printing it will be twice as valuable and when they
add the capacity to fill-in forms another doubling of value.

Meanwhile, ePDFview in Linux appears to accomplish much the same
functionality.

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E
David Colburn http://kd4e.com