Arnie Goetchius a écrit :
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
cyberzen wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
cyberzen wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj a écrit :
I'm using SM 2.0.14 .
For this account according to the account settings:
- I am connecting to pop.att.yahoo.net:995 .
- The outgoing server (SMTP) is
urj...@bellsouth.net - smtp.att.y...
(I'm guessing that's smtp.att.yahoo.net . But the
box for entering the entry doesn't scroll. So I can
not verify the name)
- Connection security is SSL/TLS
and the check box for 'Use secure authentication' is unchecked

[By the way, the account editing window can not be re-sized.
For server settings, it is too narrow so that the boxes
for 'advanced' and 'browse' are truncated on the right.
Has the window been made re-sizable now for 2.1+ ]

Recently my system has begun to issue the following error
when I try to send out emails on this account:
"Sending of message failed. An error occurred sending mail:
Unable to authenticate to SMTP server smtp.att.yahoo.com.
It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have
chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'use name and password'
for that server or contact your server provider"

NOTE: This is not a hard error. If I wait a minute or two
and retry sending the message, it is sent out successfully.

So who's to blame? AND how do I get rid of this annoyance?

maybe you could tailor mailnews.tcptimeout (there is in prefs)
> see
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Modify_Thunderbird_settings
>
> I have set mine to 120

I get the same problem occasionly. Using about:config my
mailnews.tcptimeout was set to 100 so I changed it to 150 to see if
that
helps.

fine..
have you seen the prefs
/ mail & news / network & storage / mail connections /
connections timeout

Mine is also set to 100 seconds (default)

But somehow, I don't see how that second can be relevant to
this problem.
Also to amplify my NOTE. The send is usually successful on the
second try. But sometimes I have had to try up to 3-5 times.

Same here. I never had a problem on my laptop where SMTP was been set to
imailhost.worldnet.att.net because I never changed it when Worldnet
shutdown. I have now changed my desktop to Worldnet to see if that fixes
the problem.

there could be a problem on server side, have you tried with another mail client ? a delay in the response of your internet link should not be a problem because timeout adjustments should have solved it.
meanwhile it's curious that it works when retrying ...

--
cyberzen