Cruz, Jaime wrote:
Cecil Bankston wrote:
Cruz, Jaime wrote:
The add-on authors seem to be having difficulties keeping up with the
upgrade cycle, and several add-ons I count on aren't yet compatible with
2.2 (they just BARELY got compatibility with 2.1). This really is a
STUPID decision on the part of the Mozilla organization.

And now I've got this damn thing nagging me to upgrade when I CAN'T yet.

Time to start looking at Opera and/or Chrome if this nonsense keeps up.

So far all the addons I use have installed and worked normally after a
simple edit of the maxVersion value in the install.rdf files in their
xpi installation archives. When you browse to the web page for the
addon, just right-click the link for the installer and choose "Save link
target as" to save the xpi file to your computer instead of
left-clicking to install it. With 7-Zip it's easy to open the archive
(xpi), edit the install.rdf, and add the edited version back to the
archive. Then just double-click the edited xpi to get SeaMonkey to
install it.

Doesn't help with IETab+. It's got a plug-in that flat out refuses to
work under 2.2. Funny thing is, the Add-on shows as "compatible," but it
just doesn't work. When I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 the install.rdf trick
worked. I now have the version that OFFICIALLY supports 2.1, but it
doesn't work at all under 2.2.

I use IETab + v2.03.20110625.  It appears to work perfectly in my SM 2.2.