Phil and others, thanks for your replies,

----- Original Message ----
From: Philip Chee <philip.c...@gmail.com>
To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Sent: Mon, July 11, 2011 7:46:17 PM
Subject: Re: Seamonkey 2.1/2.2 breaking Java plugin support on Centos 5 Linux?

On 12/07/2011 01:32, Alain Alain wrote:
> I'm a long-time user of Seamonkey, from since it was called Mozilla.
> The  recent 2.1 and 2.2 updates seem to have broken Java support on my
> Centos

> 5.5 box (32 bits) and I really can't figure this out.
(...)

Gecko dropped support for the OJI plugin. Don't know why the newer NPAPI
plugin doesn't work. Perhaps it's a 32 vs 64 bit issue or a path issue.
---- End Original Message ----

OK, I've tried with the latest JRE and setting up a link to
/usr/local/jre1.6.0_26/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so.
Doesn't work either, it comes up in an [INVALID] section in pluginreg.dat :-(
I'm in a fully 32-bit world here so I don't think that could be the problem
unless the JRE is 64-bit only which I don't think it is.
Path issue? can you elaborate on this? do you mean the process' PATH
environment
variable or something else?
ldd /usr/local/jre1.6.0_26/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so shows no unresolved external
reference so I don't think I need to tweak LD_LIBRARY_PATH either.

_Alain_