Rob Lindauer wrote:
Is there a way easily to determine in which of my bookmark folders (I
have many) a particular bookmark is stored in?

If you open the bookmark and click the bookmark icon at the end of the location bar, the containing folder is shown.

Unfortunately there is no easy way (that I know of) from the search results. Philip Chee's xSidebar provided a context menu item for that for the old Bookmark Manager, but that was using the old back-end.

BTW - is SM's refusal to add another instance of an already existing
bookmark (via the browser's "bookmark this page" menu option)
intentional?

Yes. The idea is to add tags (which was not possible in former times) in such cases and otherwise only store a location once, since that allows to store and optionally show additional information such as last visited date and number of visits (in combination with the browsing history, which is now stored in the same database).

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>