JD wrote:

> Here is my "paste as quotation:"
>
>> I tried what you said, by copying something from notepad with no line
>> length and this is how it looks using a right mouse click and
>> selecting paste as quotation.

A question :

Where did you find "Paste as quotation" : was it
from "Right-click at intended point of insertion",
or from "Edit/Paste as quotation" ?

> I did have to select Edit, Rewrap.
>
> So I guess it depends on what you're using as your external editor?

I don't see how it can be.  Surely all that is necessary
is to have something on the clipboard ?  If I am offered
"paste", then that confirms that there is something on
the clipboard, so what reason might there be that I was
not also offered "paste as quotation" ?

Note : in the current e-mail dialogue, right-click/paste-
as quotation has re-appeared.  Very odd indeed.

Philip Taylor