Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Chris Grade wrote:

Been using Mozilla for, I feel, 10 years, and nothing else. My recent
version was 2.00 something. I just upgraded to Mozilla 2.2. Using
Windows. Can't believe my eyes, the devvers ruined the font-rendering.
Proof picture here: Left Mozilla, right Opera for comparison.
<http://imageshack.us/f/827/gbmoz.png/> (maximise window). The new
font-rendering is straight unacceptable for people who read a lot. The
picture needs no explanation, but nevertheless: As can be observed,
Mozilla's fonts are less clear, less crisp. One can even barely tell the
difference between normal and italic. Some letters blend into each
other. And just have a look at both address bars, and how the h fades
halfway out. When bold type is used, some letters are significantly
thicker than others and pop out. This isn't merely a bug, this renders
Mozilla useless in its ENTIRETY.

Inexplicable. You bra!ndead fck-ups. BRA!NDEAD.

Chris Grade, Germany, Schleswig-Holstein

ps. This is a repost from m.d.a.seamonkey

I must need new glasses or something; other than changes in line breaks,
I don't see any significant difference between the two versions. I find
both easy to read, and the italics are very clearly different from the
roman text. There do seem to be very subtle differences in kerning, but
I find them unremarkable.

I believe you when you say you're unhappy, but "useless in its entirety"
is way over the top in my book.

Under Linux its fine, but i remember i installed Windows not long ago and was shocked about the fonts. It looked really aweful. But that was XP and its anyway kinda outdated.