MCBastos schrieb:
I have just seen this:

http://blog.mozilla.com/verdi/73/how-do-i-manage-website-permissions/

 From the looks of it, it seems to have some overlap in functionality
with the Data Manager in Seamonkey. I know KaiRo offered the Data
Manager to Firefox, and since it's in trunk, I guess the Permissions
Manager will eventually find its way to Seamonkey.

Is there any work being done to address the duplicated functionality?

Permission Manager will very probably not find its way into SeaMonkey, as it just implements a small subset of what Data Manager does anyhow.

Permission Manager is doing the list by host and not summing up by domain, which increases the right-hand list substantially in some cases. OTOH, it looks a bit nicer and less complicated, the former can probably be changed if someone with visual design skills ever helps out SeaMonkey, the latter (probably) can't be changed, as actually showing and managing data instead of just the permissions really ends up being complicated - but also more powerful.

Data Manager is a tool for the advanced user, not necessarily for the big masses, which is why it's built into SeaMonkey, which targets the former and only available as an add-on for Firefox, which mainly targets the latter.

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community should think about. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)