Rob Lindauer wrote:
Robert Gault wrote:
ADKART wrote:
I rarely use the SeaMonkey browser, but I learned how to build web
pages with Netscape Composer and when SeaMonkey became the replacement
for Netscape, I switched to it. Have used it for quite a while, doing
pretty complex things with Composer. But now I cannot edit the pages I
previously created. HELP! I can open my files, but I cannot edit them.
I manage 5 web sites and I can't do anything with Composer 2.2. Should
I go back to an earlier version?

I think I know what your problem is but don't have a perfect solution.
Seems like a bug in Seamonkey 2.2.

When I open web pages saved on my hard drive with Composer and right
click on links, Link Properties is grayed out. Composer is in Normal
mode.
If I then go to HTML Tags mode via the menubar at the bottom of the
page, right clicking on links gives an active Link Properties. Going
back to Normal mode seems to retain the ability to get to Link
Properties with a right click.

Clearly there is a problem with Seamonkey. Also switching back and forth
between Normal and Tags does not always make Link Properties available
in Normal mode. There may be other functions that don't work quite right
in Composer.

Testing was done on a WinXP SP3 system.

I had had the same link properties problem with Composer on Linux (Linux
Mint 10 / Ubuntu 11.04) - I wasn't clever / persistent enough to find
the workaround as you did, however, and just switched to using
BlueGriffon. -RL

Sorry, this is such a sticking point for me that I'll stay with 2.0.14 until I read that Composer for web sites is working again. After all that's what a browser "suite" is supposed to be about! And I've been using the SeaMonkey composer for my web site, well...forever. I suppose I should at least check out Kompozer, however.

--
Ken Rudolph