On 8/11/11 3:59 PM, cmcadams wrote:
> Jens Hatlak wrote:
>> cmcadams wrote:
>>> I notice after updating my Java install that it makes no difference in
>>> SM 2.2 (XP SP3) whether Preferences -> Advanced/Enable Java is ticked or
>>> not. It's now always active.
>>
>> This pref has been removed from SM 2.3. Java is now solely controlled from
>> the
>> Add-ons Manager.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Jens
>>

>  From 2.2, apparently. OK, good to know, thanks.

Neither the user interface that you cite nor the preference variable it
controls no longer have any meaning in SM 2.2.  The user interface
should have been removed earlier.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.