Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:50:00 -0700 (PDT), /erwincas/:

I'm currently using SM 2.5a1 (Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows
NT 5.1; rv:8.0a1) Gecko/20110815 Firefox/8.0a1 SeaMonkey/2.5a1) which
updates every night, but with
the last update my bookmarks gone, I only have the labels and nothing
else. I know this
is a "Nightly" build, so I think that this is a bug.

I hope you've read and understand
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/#testing>:

"To cut things short, we're happy about everyone testing those builds,
but be very careful and keep backups of your data if you do so, as some
of the code you're testing might not have been tested at all before."

If you find a problem with nightly builds you could always file a bug
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/community#bugreport>. Just be sure to
follow the Bug Writing Guidelines, especially writing exact steps to
reproduce
<https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Bug_Writing_Guidelines#Writing_precise_steps_to_reproduce>.

Now to the exact problem you're experiencing, I hope you've read the
release notes (the Known Issues) for 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 versions:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.1/#issues
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.2/#issues
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.3/#issues

All of these state:

* Data loss warning: If you use a profile with this or any later version
and then try to go back to SeaMonkey 2.0, SeaMonkey will rename your
history file to places.sqlite.corrupt and create a new places.sqlite
file, effectively resetting your browsing history. This is because the
internal format changed and the upgrade process only works in one
direction.

In any case you go back using your profile with SeaMonkey 2.0, even for
just one session, you'll find your bookmarks gone starting with
SeaMonkey 2.1 and subsequent versions, next. You may restore your
bookmarks and history by renaming the new "places.sqlite" to
"places.sqlite.blank", and then "places.sqlite.corrupt" to
"places.sqlite", or you may just import your SM 2.0 "bookmarks.html" as
instructed here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/2.1/FAQ#Bookmarks

Yes I Understand and I do have. else I would not be using my 2.0.14 now.

From my understanding of what I have been reading, the developers have no idea how to fix this problem of not converting bookmarks and it can strike anytime with no warning.

This should be the top number one bug to be fixed.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com