On 8/18/2011 1:07 PM, Rufus wrote:
Ryan P. wrote:
On 8/17/2011 4:53 PM, Ran Garoo wrote:
On 8/17/2011 14:26, John wrote:
I use SeaMonkey most of the time and Firefox occasionally. I try never
to use IE.

The web browser and email client are critically important to me, and I
think the majority of users would agree.

Since Firefox and SeaMonkey embarked on their accelerated release
schedule, we've seen several updates incorporating many significant
behavioral changes which are causing grief to many users. Along with
this we are being encouraged to upgrade promptly because that's the
only
way to get the latest security patches. Why the big hurry all of a
sudden?

Changes in program behavior should be fully documented in advance of an
upgrade. Users who prefer the behavior of the old version should be
given the option to retain it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The end user should not be forced to be the guinea pig whose feedback
becomes the quality control for these programs. Please return to the
former more careful release strategy.

I worked as an electrical engineer for Motorola for many years. All too
often, we had products being sold before they were designed and
unrelenting pressure to push them out the door. "There's never time to
do it right, but there's always time to do it over" was the cynical
opinion of many of my colleagues. It seems like the software
industry is
the same way.

Ditto.
Plus, the extension system is broken. Why in the world would an update
done for mostly stylistic reasons break the functionality of one of the
major features that distinguishes Firefox?
Go with the latest upgrade and lose more extensions.
I wish they would stop designing around the ideas of somebody who
arbitralily decides that the world doen't need some function; i.e., the
java console. Or designing sround someone's fervent (apparently) desire
to emultate MicroSoft's horrible ribbon menus.

Having worked with many different products conceived, designed and
tested by engineers, I can tell you that the Mozilla team is exhibiting
all the signs of not caring about how something works "in the real
world." They care about adding bells and whistles simply because they
can, and they can brag about having 3 more bells than the other team of
computer geeks has on their software. Nevermind that its making the
end-user (generally NOT a computer geek) jump through more and more
hoops to simply use the software.

I'm not saying that I don't appreciate Firefox... Its just that change
for the sake of change, as opposed to change to add functionality, is
silly.

Second.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/6.0beta/releasenotes/buglist.html

Not change for the sake of change.