Rickles wrote:
OS is WinXP Pro SP3, patched/updated.
Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110813
Firefox/6.0 SeaMonkey/2.3
Have been using SM for years (thanks, devs), only upgraded from v2.0.14
to 2.3 as a full-install-overwrite last night.

Home page: defined as a group of 4 tabs, all with the BBC (news,
currencies, 2 x weather).

When browser opens, home group opens as normal. If Home Group is already
open and the Home button clicked, the focused-tab is overwritten with
the first of the replacement group tabs, and the remaining 3 are added
to what's there, so you end up with 7 tabs (3 pairs of duplicates and
one single). This repeats arithmetically each time you click Home. If I
close all but 1 tab and click Home, I end up with just the Home group of
tabs. It makes no difference whether any of the existing tabs actually
are still on the sites they originally opened up to (go shopping at
Amazon on one, Google maps on another, etc.) all but 1 existing tab stay
the same. That one is overwritten and 3 more added.

My preference is for tab groups is to 'Replace existing tabs'. I have
toggled this setting to 'Add...', closed SM and started over, then
changed the setting back to 'Replace...', then restarted SM again but
still the same.

Add-on Compat. Reporter 0.8.7 is installed. I have 2 add-ons relating to
tabs: IE Tab Plus and SeaTab X. Both are as current a version as can be
had; Reporter says IE Tab Plus isn't any good, but SeaTab X is OK. I've
disabled both and restarted SM, still same behavior. Three other add-ons
are reported by Compat. Reporter as no good with SM 2.3, but disabling
them didn't change anything, either. Other than this one issue, so far
2.3 appears stable.

Thoughts?

I have a group of five tabs for my homepage and just tried clicking on the browser icon twice from the mail & newsgroup screen. Only ended up with the one set of tabs.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110820 SeaMonkey/2.3.1

--
Daniel