PhillipJones wrote:

David E. Ross wrote:

The source of the original message indicates that Marilyn G is
using SeaMonkey 2.3.1 for Windows XP.

The reason I asked I don't have turned view "all" headers. Which 90
percent here are Windows users. There is always the possibility that
10% are asking a question. Using a Laptop while the with is great,
the height is not and view all the header info at one time is a waste
of screen real estate. So I leave on the Short listing which only
shows from, newsgroup, Date, Subject, and reference number It does
scroll nor is the window expandable, or Contracts when you set to all
same way you view everything and that's it. By its time it does so
you not left with much room to actually read post.

You don't have to display full headers all the time, just hit CTRL-U as needed and close the window when done.

Marilyn's post contained this in the header:

 Firefox/6.0 SeaMonkey/2.3.1,gzip(gfe)

Yours had this:

As you can see, it's fairly easy to deduce the OS from the UA string, if you're so inclined. But I agree that it's more convenient and more courteous to state it clearly in the original query.

Paul B. Gallagher