Sat, 10 Sep 2011 08:51:27 -0500, /Richard Owlett/:

_IN 2.0.8_

In some pages (e.g. http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ etc.) links
turn red if visited.

Visited links turn purple and not red for me on this site.

On other pages (e.g.
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=&sid=KSGF&num=48&raw=0&dbn=m&banner=off
etc.) visited links are inconsistently turned to red. This can be
demonstrated by alternating between the 2-day and 7-day view by
clicking link in top left of screen. Sometimes red. Sometimes blue.

This page styles visited and not visited links the same - blue. The page also styles links red when the mouse is over them (try moving the mouse and the focus away from them after activating).

_IN 2.3.1_

Links, visited or not, remain blue.
I did notice in email visiting a link will now turn red although
I've seen that in no previous version.

What's happening?

As I've suggested in my previous reply - if you switch using SM 2.0 and SM 2.1+ back and forth using the same profile you're loosing your browsing history and effectively resetting all links to not visited.

--
Stanimir