Daniel wrote:
GerardJan wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
I'm on a Win7 Ultimate with SP1 system. My SM 2.3.3 is the pushed
update to SM 2.3.2 which was downloaded and applied over an
SM 2.0.14 system. I have no add-ons.

Sometimes, like earlier this evening, when I send a message,
SM will first put up an alert that it is sending the message,
and then a second alert about copying the message, which I
presume relates to copying the message to the sent folder,
and this second alert gets hung and won't complete.
The message shows up on the list of messages available from the
newsgroup server, so I know it was sent.
The message appears in the sent folder, and I can load it from there
to check that it is complete.
Yet the second alert gets hung, with the progress indicator going
madly, over and over, from left to right in the progress bar .
I have let it stay hung for a couple of hours until I finally
pressed cancel.

Where is the error? Who is failing to post completion, or who
is failing to check the completion flag?

Forget about this subject - it will never be corrected - It's the way SM
works - Other mails clients did not exhibit such a problem.

something wrong with your /smtp/ settings?

Doubtful, otherwise it would happen every time!

Correct, the problem is inside SM ... other mails clients responded appropriately with all scenarios of the smtp server.

This bug will never be corrected, because, it's not reproductible.
The only way of helping de SM developers is to furnish them the debug dialog of the discussions between SM and the smtp server. I doubt that this could be done by everyone.