On 9/18/2011 5:20 PM, JohnW-Mpls wrote:

I have well over a hundred bookmarks divided into over a dozen groups.
Today, two of the groups are missing when I click on Bookmarks in SeaMonkey.
The rest of the bookmark groups appear normal.

The same when in FireFox (SM&  FF access the same profile).

Looking in the the bookmarks.html file, data in the two missing groups look
no different that the groups that do appear.  I tried removing all the
bookmark backup files, etc. in the profile - no success, didn't make a
difference.

How do I get all bookmarks accessible within SM and FF?

This actually sounds like your bookmarks are probably slightly corrupted and lost forever (Unless you saved backups of your profile)

Sharing a profile between Firefox and SeaMonkey directly is bad, the system is designed to only ever have one application accessing the profile files at a time, which can explain this issue.

If you need to share bookmarks/etc. between Firefox and SeaMonkey, instead of using the same profile, you should use "Sync" That will allow it to sync your bookmark lists and many prefs between the two applications.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)