On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 18:30:01 -0500, Mike Easter wrote:
> chicagofan wrote:
>> David Wilkinson wrote:

>>> I do use SM, but the absence of your items 2 and 4 is a major source of
>>> irritation to me.
>
>> I love SM, and deeply appreciate ALL the work the UNPAID volunteers do
>> to keep this program alive.....  but THIS is one of my biggest
>> grievances or disappointments, that "flowed-format" stopped working.
>>
>> It just seems to me that it is such a fundamental part of everyone's
>> daily usage, that it should be important enough to repair.   :(
>
> Tb 3.x, I forget exactly which version, was (also) stripping quoted
> trailing spaces, but they fixed it.
>
> Maybe the SM volunteers can benefit from the Tb experience.
>

> I restored the stripped quoted trailing spaces so things can flow.

I'm puzzled by this thread. The format flowed code is totally shared
backend code, identical to that in Thunderbird. We should have
absolutely the same behaviour with the equivalent versions e.g.

Gecko 1.9.0 ????????????? <==> Thunderbird 3.0
Gecko 1.9.1 Seamonkey 2.0 <==> Thunderbird 3.1
Gecko 1.9.2 ????????????? <==> Thunderbird 3.6
Gecko 2.0   SeaMonkey 2.1 <==> Thunderbird ?
Gecko 5.0   SeaMonkey 2.2 <==> Thunderbird 5

The only other source of difference are the default preferences for
format flowed which may be different in SeaMonkey.

Phil