Cruz, Jaime wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Brooke Clarke wrote:

Hi:

After clicking Get Mail and until all the mail has been loaded all
Seamonkey applications are locked up. Is there a setting I can change
that will stop that?
When someone sends a large photograph or other file it's not nice
because of this problem.
Or is a software change needed that puts a small wait into the code.
This has been the case on all the versions AFAICR, now using 2.3.3.

I also get a brief drastic slowdown, not a lockup, but I agree it's
annoying. If I'm playing a video (even in another app) when SM
automatically downloads mail, the vid will pause for a split-second at
some key moment in the process, and that's how I know new mail has
arrived. This is new in the most recent versions of SM.

NEW? I've noticed this for YEARS.

Well, perhaps it's gotten worse recently, but it wasn't bad enough before to bother me.

Two other things I've noticed recently:

1) The program doesn't seem to have any keyboard buffer, so if I type too fast while it's busy with something else, the keystrokes are lost. That never happens with The Other Browser.

2) The autocomplete script that populates the email address fields is extremely slow, so if I happen to mistype something, it often takes 20 or 30 seconds to correct it at five seconds per keystroke: backspace, wait five seconds for a new search to complete, backspace, wait five seconds for a new search to complete, backspace, wait five seconds for a new search to complete, type a character, wait five seconds for a new search to complete.... I wish the damn thing had a built-in pause, where it would wait for two seconds of no typing before it would start. Some people might prefer a longer wait, but I'm a pretty quick typist if I can only have access.

Paul B. Gallagher