Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

You overlooked the key element, Paul : I want to be
notified when the /next/ release is available, not
the current one.

In that case, keep on monitoring the NG. ;-)

When I tell Windows Update that I don't want to install
the latest Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, and
that I don't want to ask again, it has the sense to know
that I am talking about the current MMSRT, and when the next
one comes along, it will ask me all over again.  Surely
you don't want Microsoft to be able to tell the world
that, in one respect at least, their software is better
than Mozilla's, /and/ be telling the truth ?

** Phil.