Ray Davison wrote:

I use WinXP. It will "spread files" only if you allow it to. You can put the
Mozilla apps, profiles, mail, news in any directory on any drive that Win can access. I
do not have any part of Mozilla on the boot drive. Nor is the data - profiles, mail, news
- on the same drive as the apps. Once you get these hings separated you can add apps
quickly, easily and without fear of data loss. And you can share data cross-app and
cross-platform.

E X A C T L Y.

C = System;
D = Data;
E = Executable images (non O/S programs);
S = Swap (or P = Page);
T = Temp.

A place for everything, and everything in its place (except
when a Microsoft-originated program ignores my preferences !).

Philip Taylor