On 10/2/11 9:57 AM, Not@home wrote:
> My earlier versions of SeaMonkey had a feature I could set to check a
> bookmark periodically to see if it remained valid.  That appears to be
> gone in 2.4 and 2.41.  I had a separate program that did the same thing,
> but it no longer works properly with the latest SeaMonkey. (AM Deadlink
> is the program; it will still check the bookmarks, but will no longer
> correct them).
>
> Is there an efficient way to validate bookmarks.  I have about 2000 and
> doing it by hand is a lot of work.

Per the suggestions of Stamenkov and Hatlak, I installed the CheckPlaces
extension.  I like the way it works, finding bookmark problems but
giving me the option whether to delete a bad bookmark or (via the
Bookmarks Manager) allowing me to fix it.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross