Philipp van Hüllen schrieb:
Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) schrieb:
Lucas Levrel wrote:
Le 6 octobre 2011, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) a écrit :
I am presented with a selectable base character and then all
composite variants thereof : I know of nothing similar in the various
Windows IMEs that approaches this in simplicity, so for me it would
be /very/ convenient to be able to "Insert characters and features" in
exactly the same way that those who elect to compose in HTML can do.
There would seem to be no /a priori/ justification for restricting this
feature to mails composed in HTML.

I currently cannot check this for 100%, as this Insert-option is
dysfunctional in my SM.

Unrelated to the original issue discussed, but to spread the good news (it was also mentioned in the 2.5b2 posts tonight):

The HTML-context-Insert-menu-special-character dialogue is working in 2.5b2 (was not for me in 2.4.1, Mac OS 10.7; don't know about 2.5b1, as I skipped it due to vacation).

BR/Philipp