The test I did was to clear my permission to accept session cookies and go to default. That means that SM asks me about every cookie. When I went to the site, I checked "block" and "use for all cookies". After that, all I had to do is wait for the countdown to finish and I went to the forum. I guess you are saying that if I was to try to look at an individual post, I would go back to the loop? I just tried again and got stuck in the same loop you describe. I will send a message to the forum about that, if I can ever get it working again.

The add banner thing is pretty new. I don't really like it, but I think it is one of the more responsible ways to pay for a site.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea why I can't make a post on this forum even though I can log in? I have had a few issues before with the tools on a post screen not working (font, bold, etc), but I have always been able to correct it by clearing temp files and restarting the browser. I sort of assumed that there was some plain text version of the posting tool that I was into by an accidentally shortcut key, or something like that. This sort of thing is happening on a number of web sites, so I thought I should check and see if it is browser related.

I really need to be able to post in some of these forums, so this is not a minor inconvenience by any stretch.

LMH