Not@home wrote:

I have three pcs. Two use Vista; one uses Windows7. I have the same SM
2.1.4 on each, and the same firewall/anti virus.

On the Vista machines, some we sites refuse to remember me, so I have to
log in each time I visit. On the Windows7 machine, the same websites
remember me, so I am already logged in when I revisit.

Is there some setting in Vista that I have wrong? Or could this be a
firewall problem (I use FSAV and I'm not really clear on what the
settings are, so I use defaults)?

Clearly, some machines are retaining cookies from session to session and some are not. Compare your cookie policies, including your settings for those particular sites. Also check if your firewall/av program is set to periodically clear cookies on the forgetful machines (some internet security apps do this if you like).

Paul B. Gallagher