WLS wrote:
sean nathan bean wrote:
a new error message encountered after installing 2.5 beta 3

"Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device."

and i don't know what its asking me for...

arrrgghhh

sean

i've never set a "master password" and have no reason to do so... no
interest in doing so... i'd like to turn this off, but see no ability
to do so anywhere in the edit > preferences...

or am i mis-reading what this request actually is?

sean

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password

uhhh... this version of seamonkey asks me to "Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device" incessantly

installed 2.6a2 seeing if i could evade the MP... i can find no place to shut it off... and am wondering if its been linked to Sync?

if my laptop ever left my house... i might be interested in a master password... i am not...

sean