On 11/15/11 8:43 PM, Henry wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/11 5:29 PM, Ray Davison wrote:
>>
>>> How can I dump the password file to a text file?  I tried the files and
>>> info from here but have not gotten anything useful.
>>> http://www.sqlite.org/
>>>
>>> Ray
>>

>> Password Exporter at
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/password-exporter/>.
>>
> Will this work on the old Mozilla 1.78?
>
> Henry

It might.  I think the password database did not change.  Only the
Password Manager changed.

My suggestion would be to backup your profile, install Password
Exporter, and run it.  If it does not work -- or worse makes Mozilla
unusable -- merely restore your profile from the backup.

I don't even do a real backup.  With SeaMonkey terminated, I simply copy
the entire profile folder into another folder.  For a restore -- again
with SeaMonkey terminated -- I delete the profile folder and then copy
the backup into its place.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross