I do not suspect my little "tool" will be of any use to you, but I'll throw it
out there anyway. Gotta throw something, for props on your rhetoric... uh, how
was that, something about “...always such a moron”: it's H/Q; downright quality
stuff, for sure.

But, enough about Jack Assrey. Have a look at the following. If it has /any/
looks of potential, i'll send you the PHP. It's old code, but it does what it's
supposed to /do/. Perhaps a mod, there, might assist in your grande plan.

It's my pleasure, if I can help. And, my apologies if it's just a big let-down.

i.e. wishing to keep feet from the moron-gutter, as i dance whimsically about
that edge; yeah, i'm hip to the DIV extraction so desired [which MINE is NOT
going to do, as-is-- as far as i can recall {decaying}]. this might present a
viable sketch for holding some more finely crafted JavaScript, as discussed--
perhaps, some PHP generated <script js>

cheerio.

(and... Props to my homey, young goodman Philip Chee!)