On 12/5/11 3:28 AM, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there a way to remove the < and > symbols that surround the URLs with
> sending links through e-mails (right click on a link on a web page)? I
> find them annoying. :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Some form of bracket is required per RFC 3986.  The example by Shagnasty
is excellent.  If you put your cursor over the URI, you will see that it
is incomplete, ending where the line of text ends.

The < and > are the recommended brackets.  However, I use [ and ] when
submitting a message via a Web site's "Contact Us" Web page because <
and > have special meanings in HTML.

See Appendix C "Delimiting a URI in Context" at
<ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3986.txt>.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross