Hartmut Figge wrote:
Ken Rudolph:

SM 2.5, Win-7.  For a while now I've had the problem that whenever I
control-F ("find") on a web site and start to type something in the
little box under the tabs line that SM provides, that the program goes
unresponsive, the window turns white, and SM effectively crashes.

Never occurred to me.

This is very annoying. I always hesitate to call a bug a "bug"; but
do other people have this problem? If not, am I doing something
  wrong?

Did you test with safe-mode?

I tested it in safe-mode and it didn't crash. Then I re-tested it again in regular mode and, lo and behold the program didn't crash. Maybe 2.5 fixed it, and the previous crash this afternoon which precipitated this question was an aberration. Anyway, sorry to have brought up what apparently is a non-problem.

--
Ken Rudolph