On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:36:52 -0200, MCBastos <myemail@example.invalid>
wrote:

>Interviewed by CNN on 16/12/2011 08:28, Philip TAYLOR told the world:
>> A user is trying to Bcc a large list of contacts.
>> He brings up the compose window and the address
>> book, sets the first recipient field to "Bcc: "
>> and drags the first entry from the address book
>> to this field.  As he continues to drag entries
>> to subsequent recipient fields, all follow the
>> first in pattern (i.e., "Bcc: ") until there is
>> room for only one more entry above the divider
>> bar.  As he drags an entry into this recipient
>> field, the whole thing scrolls up one line, and
>> a new recipient field is added.  This one defaults
>> to "To: ".  Why ?
>
>Hmmm, yes, I see what you mean. Seems an inconsistent behavior. I don't
>know if there's a bug open for that...
>
>Furthermore, if you drop an address in that last entry before the
>divider line, SM does *not* create a new empty address line -- you have
>to change focus to the compose window and press "enter".
>
>In the meantime, particularly for large lists of recipients, you might
>want to try using the "select addresses" dialog instead of dragging &
>dropping. Second button on the toolbar, or first option on the menu
>"tools" in the "compose" window.

Oh boy, if not using "Select Addresses", a user is missing a major advantage
of SeaMonkey Mail over Thunderbird.

The Select Addresses screen includes on the right, a list of all recipient
addresses - a list that is invaluable for managing multiple addresses for
emails.  The list collects and shows all addresses a user selects from a
variety of address books and when the list is all fine, one click on "OK"
transfers them to the subject email's address area. Seeing all address in
one list enables visual checking and editing, plus the list can be long, I
frequently show 30 addresses at a time.

In addition to using Select Addresses and its list for addressing new
emails, it has a handy reverse use; the viewing and editing of addresses
that appear after clicking on Reply All.

--
 JohnW-Mpls