Tony Mechelynck wrote:

- Is this the built-in download manager or the Jökulsárlón Download
Manager extension? https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/download-manager/
- If you use the other one (by installing the extension if not
installed, enabling it if disabled, or disabling if enabled), is the
result better?

(sorry if this is a duplicate posting - my first attempt seems not to have taken...)

1.  I was having the problem with the built-in download manager.

2. I've now installed the Jökulsárlón extension and confirm that I have the same symptoms with it: I right click a downloaded file and select "open containing folder," but Seamonkey instead attempts to launch my pdf document viewer (regardless of the file type / helper application). I've disabled / reenabled the extension with the same result.

--
Rob Lindauer