Howard Epstein wrote:
I basically down graded to Seamonkey 1.1.18 from Seamonkey 2.6 because
of two many mail errors. I would glick on an e-mail and it would either
be another e-mail message or it did not make any sense. I actually tried
to use Thunderbird but could not move my e-mails as I had no idea where
they are stored in 2.6, at least I know where they are stored in 1.1.18.

Howard

Howard, in your SM 2.6, have a look at Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings, select "Server Settings" for your e-mail account and, on the right hand side of that screen, at bottom, you should see "Local directory" listed.

This is where your email account is stored. If you close SM and then use your Windows Explorer or "My Computer" to go to this location, you should see folders for your Mail accounts and for your Local Folders.

Have a look in your mail account folder and you should see lots of folders including "inbox" and "inbox.msf".

The "inbox" folder contains all your inbound e-mails, and the "*inbox.msf*" folder is an index of your inbox, but the *inbox.msf* is now broken, so what you now need to do is delete the "*inbox.msf*" file, and then restart SeaMonkey, select the e-mail account and a new *inbox.msf* file will be created and, hopefully, you will now be able to select and e-mail and the correct e-mail will be displayed.

Report back.

--
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, and may 2012 be better than 2011.

Daniel