TMitchell wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
Downloaded 2.7 from the "Check For Updates" link. All seemed well, until
I tried to start SM after "Installation Completed". Got message "Can't
find SeaMonkey.exe". Searched all over, and guess what, it wasn't there.
O.K., I'll d/l using IE (ughh!), which is all I've got at this point.

Same result, except that the message was "Can't read application.ini".

Third try, and this time all seemed well until the "Checking Extensions
. . ." appeared, at which point the entire thing disappeared, SM icons
and all. No trace.

Surrendering, I d/l 2.6.1 (in spite of the red and yellow warning). All
well, except that the opening page (SM welcome thing) came up blank,
nothing worked, and using Task Manager wouldn't close SM.

Computer off, restart, SM starts o.k., replaced profile with the b/u
copy, and all seems well.

Better than updating to 2.6.1, which was an even worse experience.
Finally got it installed and working, and eventually recovered some
"lost" old family e-mails, thanks to great help by Paul B. Gallagher in
this news group.

Recent SM updating process not a confidence builder!

Same disaster happened to me three times trying to install 2.6.1 (never
had a problem with any previous updates), so I gave up and still have
2.5 (i.e., three system restores, ugh!).

Not trying 2.7 until I see that people are not having a problem
installing it.

Install was a breeze no problems what so ever. Installed it on 31Jan11 I download it from the ftp site before it was available on the web site.

Danny