On 1/30/12 12:09 PM, wrote [in part]:
> On 1/22/12 12:14 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> When I try to install BetterPrivacy 1.68 in SeaMonkey 2.6.1, I get the
>> following error:  "BetterPrivacy could not be installed because it is
>> not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.6.1."  I get this even when I attempt to
>> install directly from the AMO site (not my usual practice).

        [snipped]

> Has anyone tweaked install.rdf for BetterPrivacy 1.68 and got it to work
> in SeaMonkey 2.6.1?  Or is the present incompatibility greater than
> merely what is in install.rdf?

Since no one responded to the above question, I am trying it myself.  I
successfully installed BetterPrivacy 1.68 in SeaMonkey 2.7.  I was able
to open its options window, and everything there looked okay.

To test further, I have disabled both FlashBlock and BetterPrivacy in
order to accumulate some Flash cookies.  Then, I plan to enable
BetterPrivacy to see if it deletes the Flash cookies.  I will post the
results here.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross