On 2/7/12 2:17 AM, Daniel wrote:
> Yesterday, after upgrading to SM 2.7, I had a look at the Add-On Manager
> and it showed my ten Add-Ons had all been disabled. (I think this
> situation may have applied since SM 2.5, but I did nothing)
>
> No great problem!! Just click on the "Enable" tab and, apparently, I'm
> hot-to-trot, even though, on the "Compatibility" drop down, it shows
> "This add-on no longer works".
>
> What do I need to do to really get my Add-Ons working??
>
> Add-Ons (Extensions):- AdBlock Plus 2.0.3, *Add-on Compatibility
> Reporter 1.0.3*, Chatzilla 0.9.88, CheckPlaces 2.6.1, DOM Inspector
> 2.0.10, English (Australian) Dictionary 2.1.2, Ghostery 2.7.1,
> JavaScript Debugger 0.9.88.2, BeeFree 0.2.1.19 (disabled), Display mail
> route 0.3.1 (disabled)
>
> (Even though the Add-ons Manager lists Display mail route as disabled, I
> still get flags when reading mail/News and Ghostery is showing as "This
> add-on no longer works" but I can de-activate "links" on pages, and I
> use Chatzilla almost daily, are these Add-Ons really working or disabled??)

I go to the extensions directory in the affected profile.  There, some
extensions are already expanded into directories; others remain zipped.

The directory names of the expanded extensions and the file names of the
zipped extensions are generally the same as the extension ID.  For
example, AdBlock Plus is d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d.  I
created a list of all my extensions and their IDs.  That way, I can
quickly locate an extension that needs to be "adjusted" for compatibility.

For an extension that is expanded, I locate the install.rdf file and
edit it.  Find the section that looks like this:
        <em:targetApplication>
            <Description>
                <em:id>{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}</em:id>
                <em:minVersion>1.1</em:minVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>2.4.*</em:maxVersion>
            </Description>
        </em:targetApplication>
It might have a comment (bracketed with <!-- and -->) in front of it
mentioning SeaMonkey, but it might not.  The string for <em:id> must
match this exactly; it identifies SeaMonkey.  Change the version number
for <em:maxVersion> to at least 2.7.*; I actually use 2.9.*.  Save the
edited install.rdf file.

For an extension that is zipped, extract the install.rdf file from the
zip file.  Edit it as above.  Reinsert the edited install.rdf file into
the zipped file.  In a few cases, I have encountered a zipped extension
where I cannot reinsert an edited install.rdf.  If you have that
problem, post a reply here; I will try to help you with it.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross