sean nathan bean wrote:
Glen wrote:
sean nathan bean wrote:
does anyone have this working in SeaMonkey?

these are what Microsoft says should work:

pop3.live.com - 995 ssl
smtp.live.com - 587 start/tls

but it never does...

sean

sean,
why don't you give freepops a try. it's free!

http://www.freepops.org

i'm using it with the latest SM version in order to access my yahoo
accounts. it works perfectly.

and although i haven't tried it with hotmail, it does show that there is
a plugin for it.

here's the plugin for hotmail...
http://www.freepops.org/en/viewplugin.php?plugin=hotmail

i hope it helps.

glen

i also generally dislike having to use addons for things that "should work"

as MS implies here...

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2011/07/07/an-update-on-ssl-support.aspx

but i may relent...or just create a new account from my ISP...

sean

freepops is not an addon to SM, but a separate program that must be run along side SM to access various mail providers.

i have it run automatically via the startup folder when windows starts, and i sometimes even forget that it's running.

if you are still encountering a problem, i'd check it out and see if may work for you as well.