Interviewed by CNN on 13/02/2012 16:56, Philip TAYLOR told the world:

> I would add the Adobe PDF reader plug-in to this list; I believe
> that it is as just as mainstream as Flash & Java, and almost
> certainly more mainstream than Silverlight.  I have no idea
> whether Adobe yet off a 64-bit version of the plug-in.

Well... PDF is a bit more tractable problem, since there are several
vendors -- if Adobe won't release a 64-bit plugin, Foxit might, for
instance. Or Tracker (makers of PDF Xchange Viewer). Or even somebody
will take the GPL'd Sumatra and turn it into a plugin. And there's
always the pdf.js project, which should work right off the bat (although
the current version still lacks many features of current PDF viewers).

And anyway, (temporarily) losing the capability to see PDFs inside the
browser would not be as big a problem. Java, Flash and Silverlight are
used to "enhance" web pages, that is, they interact with other content,
so some sites break horribly without those plugins. Not having embedded
PDF just means you open the document in a separate window.

In fact, I don't even see the point of having a PDF plug-in. Opening the
PDF in the browser is a bad user experience, in my opinion. I have
disabled mine and never missed it -- opening a locally-cached copy of
the file in a separate viewer window is MUCH better.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Sent from my Barbie Dream Computer.
* Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.7.1 *