On 02/14/2012 10:43 PM, Bzzz wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:04:57 -0800
> NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
>

>> In a comparison of Opera & SM 2.7.1 in opening
>> <http://television.telerama.fr/tele/grille.php> the result are the same:
>> 13 seconds (from a low speed California US connection).
>
> I wasn't talking about opening, just switching from claws-mail window
> to SM window that contains this site.
>
>> so no idea what your actual SeaMonkey build is.
>
> 2.7.1

I see...
http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=iceape
So you are running an unstable rolling development version of Debian:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianUnstable
Yet you've no time to file a bug report on your own Debian modified
version of SeaMonkey:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=iceape;dist=unstable
and instesad rather introduce yourself on this forum for the very first
time by posting rants about your distro upgrade? Well done.

> Anyway, this is now a closed issue as I switched to Opera.

Cool. Appears that you've not yet figured out how to use Opera for nntp
or mailing lists...

I wonder if Opera have a support mailing list/nntp server to flame Opera
doesn't satisfy your needs. Here, I'll start you off on the right track:
http://www.opera.com/support/

BTW, I've nothing against Opera:
$ apt-cache policy opera
opera:
  Installed: 11.61.1250
  Candidate: 11.61.1250
  Version table:
 *** 11.61.1250 0
        500 http://deb.opera.com/opera/ stable/non-free i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

But prefer:
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:10.0.1)
Gecko/20120208 Firefox/10.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.7.1