WLS wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
WLS wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 23/02/2012 16:42, chicagofan told the world:
Can the customized text and background colors chosen, that appear in
the
message windows also be used in the message lists of mail and
newsgroups? Or does that require a theme, which I don't think is
available?

Uh? If you are talking about using different colors (and sometimes
background shades) to highlight different levels of quotes, they
sure do
show up for me, both in mail messages and in newsgroup messages.

I don't remember doing anything special to enable this
functionality in
news; but then, I have been using Quote Colors for ages, so it
could be
something it has done automatically.

A recent-version-of-Seamonkey-compatible copy of Quote Colors can be
found at Philip Chee's site:

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#quotecolors

Sorry, I'm not talking about quotes. I've reached the age where bright
white pages hurt my eyes, as I am on my computer most every day, all
day. I used the Walnut theme before, which helped a lot, but it's not
available for the new releases.

Since my friends and I share news articles and images daily in
e-mail, I
use HTML for mail and that's apparently the root of a lot of my
problems
relating to fonts. :)

I was just wondering if the available Color options for background and
text could be expanded.
bj

I just applied the code Chris supplied, and this is what the result
looks like. The red in the folder view is from a previous change.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/seamonkey.png/

Ahh... I see that it did change the message list... but not the
display.... or the background for the group names. Maybe there is
hope. :)
bj

Upon further playing around, I was able to change the background color
of the Folder Pane, by editing the code Chris provided to

#folderTree treecol,
#folderTree
{background-color: #99ffff !important;}

Unfortunately to test it, I had to enable the default theme, and now
Walnut won't re-enable.

I could email you a copy of my userChrome.css if you want.

That could just be copied and pasted somewhere? That would be great! :) Please give me all the warnings you give newbies. ;)

If Walnut is going to be available for some version of 2.8, that would do. Great to see it again!

My email is chicagolovr at gmail dot com, if you have the time to fool with this. Thank you so much. :)
bj