Interviewed by CNN on 28/02/2012 23:38, NoOp told the world:

> Doesn't work. I just set it in the IMAP account for 500KB and it still
> downloads the entire 2.5MB attachment when you click on the msg header.

Yeah, it seems to be a bug in the Mozilla implementation (the standard
DOES support deferring downloading attachments). But, even with this
bug, IMAP still solves my particular needs better than POP. For instance...

- When reading email from my cellphone, it won't download the
attachments (the mail client in my phone does not have this bug). Since
it won't store messages locally, I don't have to worry about limited
storage.
- When using Portable Seamonkey "on the road," I don't have to
re-download weeks of messages I have already read at home -- it will
fetch just the headers, nicely tagged as "already read" even. And I can
filter a lot from the headers alone.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Sent from my HAL 9000.
* Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.7.2 *