NoOp wrote:
On 03/16/2012 06:38 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 03/16/2012 05:16 PM, David H. Durgee wrote:

Your 2.8 is the i686 version, is your 2.7.2 also?  As you can see from
above, mine is the x86_64 version.  Perhaps a problem that only shows
itself in 64 bit releases?

I switched to my 64bit machine&  backed down to:
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.2)
Gecko/20120216 Firefox/10.0.2 SeaMonkey/2.7.2

No issues w/fox.com (video, photos, etc).

The 2.8 release has not yet been posted to the repository I use, so it
may be a few days yet before I see if that fixes the problem.

Dave

If you are waiting for Joe, you may be waiting for quite some time. He
got frustrated with the 'team' and he's changed his workstations over to
Fedora. Recommend that you download directly from Mozilla and run in a
home folder.

That is annoying to hear. I added Joe's ppa repository to my list as for some reason Ubuntu repositories are not being updated to later releases in a timely fashion. Looking at:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=seamonkey

You will see that even the latest release is still only at 2.6.1 level! Older releases are at even older levels.

If Joe is truly dropping support for his PPA I hope someone else will decide to offer current packages for Ubuntu and its derivatives such as Mint which I am using.

Dave