Daniel wrote, On 29/03/2012 16:03:
Ray_Net wrote:
Philipp van Hüllen wrote, On 27/03/2012 22:19:
Ray_Net schrieb:
When you compose and sent a mail in html or (plain text and html) to
someone - all goes well. We can see it in the "Sent folder"
BUT when you want to use "Edit Message as new" for sending a new mail
for the same person with some modifications or a complete mail. This is
ok for the "To:" and ok for the "Subject.

The problem is that this mail is in pure plain text ......grrrr..... the
HTML bar is absent !!!!

Any clue to correct this ? Without the need of filling a bug - which
will abort as "Closed - WONTFIX".

Some test results:

- When creating a new mail from scratch, the editor window shows the
configured default behavior per account (HTML / plain text).
- When shift-clicking on the "new" button, I get the reversed default.
(Just as it should.)
- However, when I send, they all end up with the account default.
(Though I just did a few checks, no complete test suite.)
- Ah, I had to add some actual HTML-content (table).
Now it sends & saves the HTML mail as HTML.
(Some magic auto-converter to plain text at work, unless there's
actual HTML content?)
- The now saved-as-HTML-mail I can re-edit as HTML without a problem.
(Cmd-E, context menu, message menu.)

I don't have any settings related to HTML/plain receivers.
SM should ask, if it's not sure. (Which I do remember it doing, but
haven't seen today.)

I admit, I usually use plain text for most of my mails, so did not
notice anything until trying the above.

Ah:
Gecko/20120322 Firefox/12.0 SeaMonkey/2.9

How's it working for others?

Philipp
Did you try to "Edit Message as New" of an already sent mail present in
the sent folder ?

....Or, more particularly, "Did you try to "Edit Message as New" of an already sent *PLAIN TEXT* mail present in the sent folder ?

That is, when a user chooses to send an e-mail in both HTML and Plain, is the copy saved in the sent folder only as a Plain Text version??

You are nearly true .....
I have done some text and i find that effectively evenwhile looking as an html mail in the sent folder, this mail is in pure text. I had composed in html mode and sent as both html and plain format BUT without html part. When i just enligth a part of the text in per exemple italic, the problem is corrected,(sent in both format) when i do "Edit Message as New" i am in html mode.

Therefore, i need and i will use an html signature with al least one html tag.

I consider that if i have choiced to compose an new mail in html mode, that when i do "Edit Message as New" this must be also in html mode evenwhile the mail is in pure plain text.

But as usual developpers knows better than us what is good for us.