Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
chicagofan wrote:

Am I the only one who has received NO messages in this group since March
26th?

Perhaps you are. There's been dozens of posts in this group since the
26th.

I'm wondering if it's eternal-september.org, OR if it's because
yesterday I unchecked the hardware acceleration option, after reading
elsewhere about Chris' site and comments there.  Has anything changed
about the Mozilla support server?

It isn't eternal-september, because that news server is not involved with
mozilla groups at all. Mozilla newsgroups operate via giganews in a
private sort of way.

Maybe it is your anti-virus application getting in the way? Why are you
scanning outgoing news (and probably email) posts?
<http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm>

Mea culpa! Eternal-September is my other news server and I had a brain lapse... forgot this one group is not on that server.

It's not an AV problem, and Avast is on default settings, except for timing of updates. The only recent change, is the one mentioned. I turned off acceleration, because I read other people were having problems with it... and VOILA... SM support group came back. :)

Coincidence?
bj